The Department works aiming to achieve improvement in the employees performance and consistency in duty performance through organizing internal and external capacity building trainings, in the form of:
• Internal Training and development Programs (in-house training):
After addressing employee weaknesses, the department starts setting up and designing specific sessions to meet identified and determined needs for all the departments including international cooperation program management, international law, human rights, mediation, work stress and time management,Report writing, Protocol and Etiquette,..etc. Also organizing joint training programs with other international organizations.
• External Training and Development Programs:
Attending external programs through sending staff to specific external courses outside the headquarter's country depending upon the nature of the course and the time frames, representation is decided by the selection of nominations in accordance with the criteria outlined by LAS.
• Summer Internship Program:
A tailored program for post- graduates, which is divided into many stages:
- The orientation: which includes introductory sessions about the establishment of LAS and it's organizational structures, role, vision and mission, beside the most prominent documents discussed in recent history and current issues to widen their academic knowledge and skills.
- Leadership development program, workshops and roundtable discussions to enhance their negotiation and soft skills.
- Students' camp.
- Arab Cultural Day
- Covering students' initiatives by organizing the "Arab Youth Forum".
- Spokesman elections amoung the interns, in order to learn democracy and elections process (starting from registration, the use of technology, electional campains,...).
- Field training in LAS departments according to each student study and specialty.
•Integrated Stimulation Model of the League of Arab States:
Spreading the knowledge among universities' students concerning the joint Arab Action achievements through discussing, debating, negotiating and reaching a compromise on a given proposal by following exactly the same procedures that actual members follow in the exact settings of LAS council by engaging in a role-playing stimulation.
Selecting number of qualified youth from the Arab Countries to join and participate in the world forums.
The Department organizes intensive program at the headquarters of the General Secretariat to provide the opportunity for the largest number of students to see closely the importance of the role played by the League of Arab States. The program targets undergraduates and newly graduated students from all specializations, including economics, business administration, political science. A taylored program is also designed for engineering students, which aims to show them with the architectural features of LAS building. The intensive program includes lectures on the foundation of LAS, the organizational structure, role, objectives and goals of LAS, beside the open discussion. The program also includes a number of field visits within the General Secretariat Headquarters, including a visit to the operations room of the Monitoring and follow-up of crisis Department and a visit to the library where LAS holdings of photographs, documents, manuscripts and recordings are kept.
These are some highlights of the activities, beside these activities the department participate in projects of workshops and siminars related to enriching the secretariat staff with information and improving their skills.